1. Distinguish between autopolyploid and allopolyploid?
Ø In Autopolyloid there is increase in the number of same set of chromosomes where as in Allopolyploid there is increase in the number of chromosomes of different types in the same individual.
2. Name one morphological and one chromosomal character of a Down’s syndrome?
Ø The facial appearance will be mongoloid, neck is webbed. Chromosomally there is trisomy in chromosome No. 21.
3. Mention the chromosome abnormality in Klienfelter’s syndrome?
Ø Here the individuals have one extra X chromosome (XXY).
4. What is a nucleosome?
Ø Nucleosome refers to the chromosome model proposed by Woodcock.
5. Name any two unusual chromosomes?
Ø Polytene chromosomes and lambrush chromosomes are the two types of unusual chromosomes
6. What is an Isochromosome?
Ø An Isochromosome is one in which both the arms of the same chromosome will have similar genes.