Sorry for a long gap in posting some biological information here due to some unavoidable circumstances. Here in this post I would like to establish, what are the numerous scopes of having degree in Zoology as this subject has enormous sub disciplines. Here are few of them:
Sub-Disciplines of Zoology
1. Acarology—Study of mites and licks.
2. Aceology—Study of therapeutics.
3. Actinobiology—Study of radiation effects on organisms.
4. Aerobiology—Study of flying organisms.
5. Andrology—Study of male reproductive organs.
6. Angiology—Study of blood vascular system including arteries and veins.
7. Anthropology—Study of natural history of man.
8. Aphidology—Study of aphids.
9. Apiculture—The rearing of honey-bees and obtaining honey.
10. Aquiculture—The culture of fish and other aquatic animals.
11. Araneology—Study of spiders.
12. Artbrology—Study of joints
13. Auxanology—Study of mental status.
14. Bacteriology—Study of bacteria.
15. Batrecology—Study of frogs.
16. Biochemistry—The study of chemical reactions occurring in living organisms.
17. Bromatology—Study of food and nutrition.
19. Cardiology—Study of heart.
20. Chondrology—Study of cartilage.
21. Cnidology—Study of coelenterates.
22. Conchology—Study of molluscan shells.
23. Coprology—Study of faecal matter.
24. Craniology—Study of skulls.
25. Cryobiology—Study of preservation of organisms at low temperature.
26. Ctetology—Study of acquired characters of organisms.
27. Dermatology—Study of skin and its derivatives.
28. Desmology—Study of ligaments.
29. Dysteology—Study of rudimentary organs.
30. Ecobiology—Study of problems of existence of life in the outer space.
31. Edeology—Study of genitalia.
32. Endocrinology—Study of endocrine glands and their hormones.
33. Entomology—Study of insects.
34. Ethnology—Study of mankind.
35. Ethology—Study of behaviour of animals.
36. Eugenics—Study of improvement of human race by improving genetic constitution of human race.
37. Euphenics—Study of improvement of human race by altering the proteins during protein synthesis in cells. This is also called Medical Engineering.
38. Euthenics—Science of improvement of modern generation of man through better nutrition and environment.
39. Forensic medicine—Medical jurisprudence.
40. Gastroenterology—Study of stomach and intestine.
41. Genealogy—Study of pedigrees.
42.Genecology—Study of genetical make up of species.
43. Gerontology—Study of growing old.
44. Glossology—Study of tongue.
45. Gnotobiology—Study of germ free life.
46. Gynaecology—Study of female reproductive organs.