A branch of biology in which several aspects in relation to animal structure, function, behavior, evolution are considered. Since its emergence as subject several scientists, discoverers have contributed a lot in developing the subjects including several sub branches with so many theories, new discoveries of genus, species and other related things. Keeping that in mind we can remember some significant personalities since early period of emergence of Zoology as a very remarkable subject as fathers of Zoology with their specific contributions on particular fields. Here are some names who will be remembered for ever.
1. Aristotle—Father of Zoology and Biology.
2. G. J. Mendel—Father of Genetics.
3. Empedocles—Father of evolutionary ideas.
4. Francis Gallon—Father of Eugenics.
5. Hugo de Vries—Father of Mutation.
6. Karl Ernst Von Baer—Father of Modern Embryology.
7. Leonardo da Vinci—Father of Palaeontology.
8. Carolus Linnaeus—Father of Taxonomy.
9. Father Saurcz—Father of Special Creation Theory.
10. K. Landsteiner—Father of blood groups.
11. William Harvey—Father of Blood Circulation.
12. G. Cuvier—Father of Comparative Anatomy.
13. Bateson—Father of Modern Genetics.
14. Hippocrates—Father of Medicine.
15. Louis Pasteur—Father of Microbiology.
16. Edward Jenner—Father of Immunology.
17. Robert Koch—Father of Bacteriology.
18. H. J. Muller—Father of Radiation Genetics.
19. Valdimir Korenchevsky—Father of Gerontology.
20. Marcello Malpighi—Father of Microscopy.
21. Thomas Addison—Father of Endocrinology.