1. Foramen Magnum—Opening at back of vertebrate skull.
2. Foramen ovale—Opening between left and right atria of heart of foetal mammals.
3. Foramen of Monro—A passage linking cerebral cavity with the third ventricle in the vertebrate brain.
4. Foramen of Panizzae—A small opening connecting the two systemic aortae of a crocodile or similar reptile.
5. Foramen Spinosum—Opening in the sphenoid bone of mammalian skull.
6. Foramen of Triosseum— An opening enclosed by the scapula, clavicle and coracoid of a bird.
7. Foramen of Luschka—Two openings on the lateral side of roof of fourth ventricle of mammalian brain.
8. Foramen mental—Opening on the lateral surface of each ramus of the lower jaw of vertebrates.
9. Foramen nutrient—Present in tibio-fibula of frog.
10. Foramen rotundum— An opening in the sphenoid bone of mammalian skull.