Awareness about different medical tests are needed nowadays. Everybody should have some basic ideas on different medical/pathological tests, terminologies etc. I am trying to incorporate some names of the tests here.
Some Important Medical Tests
1. ELISA (Enzyme linked immunoassay) -Test for HIV-AIDS.
2. Amine Test- This is a test to know the carcinogen (Cancer) in man.
3. Apgar Test- This test determines the health status of a new born child.
4. Ashby’s Test-A test for the estimation of the life span of transfused red cells (RBCs).
5. Camphor Test-Test for liver disease
6. Catoptric Test-Test for eye cataract.
7. Coomb’s Test-Test for blood group antibodies.
8. FIGLU Test-Test for folic acid or Vit. B12 deficiency, is performed in urine.
9. Formol get Test-Test for Kala-azar.
10. Fouchet’s Test-Test for bilirubin in urine.
11. GTT (Glucose Tolerance Test) Test- Test for diagnosis of diabetes mellitus.
12. Ham’s Test-Test for haemolytic anaemia.
13. Simpli Red Test-Recenthy developed test for AIDS.