In humans there are several causes behind diseases. Most of us are probably unaware that with food we daily receive so many important vitamins which prevent us from many dangerous diseases. If we have enough knowledge about the vitamins, deficiency of which are responsible for some diseases, we may be aware of having those particular foods containing those vitamins in our daily diet. Here is a comprehensive list of vitamins and deficiency diseases.
1. Xerophthalmia or night blindness- Vitamin A or Antixerophthalmic or Retinol or Anti infection Vitamin.
2. Rickets—Vitamin D or antirachitic in children.
3. Beri-beri—Vitamin B1 or Thiamine or antineuritic.
4. Cheilosis—Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin or G.
5. Pellagra—Nicotinic acid or Niacin Vit. B5.
6. Anemia—Folic acid Vit. B6.
7. Pernicious anemia—Vitamin B12 or Cyanocobalamin.
8. Scurvy—Vitamin C or Ascorbic acid.
9. Dermatitis—Vit. B2, B6. B7 (H)
10. Hypoprothrombinemia—Vit. K.
11. Nyctalopia—Vit A.
12. Osteomalacia—Vit. D. in adult
13. Keratomalacia—Vil. A (Relinol)
14. Tetany—Vit. D
15. Anorexia—Vit. B1 (Thiamine)
16. Polyneuritis—Vil. B1.
17. Glossitis—Vit. B2.
18. Alopecia—-Vit. B7 (Biolin).
19. Macrocytic anemia and Spure—Folic acid (Pteroylglutamic acid).